Euro-BioImaging is currently processing proposals related to COVID-19 research under Fast Track conditions. Submit your proposal or contact us if you need more information. All proposals will have high priority and will be forwarded directly to the Nodes.
How to access Euro-BioImaging technologies
Note: This is a summary - for more details, please log in and click “Access technologies”
1. Select technology and Node
To access imaging technologies at any of the Euro-BioImaging Nodes, first search and choose the desired technolog(ies) and Node(s) from the Technologies tab.
2. Submit proposal
After you have made the selection, fill in and submit the simple proposal form (see below for an overview). At this stage you need to log in. You may submit a proposal also without knowing which technology or Node you need, in which case Euro-BioImaging will help you. If you know which Node to visit, we recommend contacting them before submitting a proposal.
Check here for possible funding opportunities.
3. After proposal submission
Your proposal may be sent to an external expert for advice on the scientific content, especially if your project has not gone through some type of scientific evaluation before. After this, the proposal is sent to the selected Node(s) for confirming technical feasibility. You can track the status of your proposal from the Access technologies tab, available when logged in. You will also get email notifications. When logged in, you can also send messages to Euro-BioImaging about your proposal. Once your proposal is accepted (the whole process is estimated to take 2-3 weeks), the Node(s) will be in touch with you regarding practicalities.
NOTE: You need to submit short feedback after the access, and later on report a possible publication back to us. Also, in any publication, you need to add an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT to Euro-BioImaging, for instance like this: "The authors acknowledge Euro-BioImaging (www.eurobioimaging.eu) for providing access to imaging technologies and services via the XXX Node (City, Country)".– The feedback and acknowledging are both crucial requirements to keep Euro-BioImaging operational. Thank you!!
Access proposal form
Overview of the form questions, from 15 January 2020. The form may change at any time without notice. For up-to-date information, further details and proposal submission, please log in and click “Access technologies”.
Questions marked with (*) are compulsory
- Research project Title (*)
- Are you representing a private company or industry user? (If yes, you can write the words "industry user" in the fields where you do not wish to disclose details) (*) - Yes/No
- Name of your principal investigator(PI) or supervisor (*)
- Email address of the principal investigator or supervisor (*)
- Please provide a short CV (*) – max 2000 characters
- Scientific background of the project (*) – max 5000 characters
- Description of the work proposed to be conducted at the Euro-BioImaging facility (*) – max 5000 characters
- Expected results (*) – max 5000 characters
- Importance of the project for your overall research (*) – max 5000 characters
- Are there biological hazards associated with the project? (*) – max 2000 characters
- Has your project already undergone an external review, e.g. as part of a funding proposal? If yes, please provide details like funder, grant number, and outcome of the evaluation. This might allow us to skip scientific evaluation within Euro-BioImaging. – max 5000 characters
- List of additional resources that may be required at the facility (select multiple if needed) (*) – dropdown menu
- Expertise level in using the selected technology(ies) (*) – dropdown menu
- Have you already communicated with the selected Node(s) – max 1700 characters
- How did you learn about Euro-BioImaging? (select multiple if needed) (*) – dropdown menu
- External reviewers you would like to exclude – max 1700 characters
- Additional comments or remarks – max 1700 characters
- If your proposal is for trans-national access, and you are either affiliated to an Italian institute, or requesting access to an Italian Node, you may be eligible for a grant to partially cover your costs (check eligibility criteria). Do you wish to apply for the grant? - Yes/No