If your project deals with SARS-CoV-2, Covid-19, or pan Corona studies, you can now apply for ISIDORe funding. Before submitting a proposal, please read more here
How to access Euro-BioImaging technologies
Note: This is a summary - for more details, please log in and click “Access technologies”
1. Select technology and Node
To access imaging technologies at any of the Euro-BioImaging Nodes, first search and choose the desired technolog(ies) and Node(s) from the Technologies tab.
2. Submit proposal
After you have made the selection, fill in and submit the simple proposal form (see below for an overview). At this stage you need to log in. You may submit a proposal also without knowing which technology or Node you need. To do so, select the “I don’t know which technology” or “Unknown Location” options respective. Euro-BioImaging will contact you to support you in selecting the right technology and Node.
If you know which Node to visit, we recommend contacting them before submitting a proposal. If you have already contacted the Node of your choice, the staff may be able to assist you with the application procedure.
Check here for possible funding opportunities.
3. After proposal submission
Your proposal may be sent to an external expert for advice on the scientific content, especially if your project has not gone through some type of scientific evaluation before. After this, the proposal is sent to the selected Node(s) for confirming technical feasibility. You can track the status of your proposal from the Access technologies tab, available when logged in. You will also get email notifications. When logged in, you can also send messages to Euro-BioImaging about your proposal. Once your proposal is accepted (the whole process is estimated to take 2-3 weeks), the Node(s) will be in touch with you regarding practicalities.
NOTE: You need to submit short feedback after the access, and later on report a possible publication back to us. Also, in any publication, you need to add an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT to Euro-BioImaging, for instance like this: "The authors acknowledge Euro-BioImaging (www.eurobioimaging.eu) for providing access to imaging technologies and services via the XXX Node (City, Country)".– The feedback and acknowledging are both crucial requirements to keep Euro-BioImaging operational. Thank you!!
Access proposal form
Overview of the form questions, from 19 October 2021. The form may change at any time without notice. For up-to-date information, further details and proposal submission, please log in and click “Access technologies”.
Questions marked with (*) are compulsory
- Research project Title (*)
- Are you submitting this proposal on behalf of someone else?(*) - Yes/No
- Are you representing a private company or industry user? (If yes, you can write the words "industry user" in the fields where you do not wish to disclose details) (*) - Yes/No
- Name of your principal investigator(PI) or supervisor (*)
- Email address of the principal investigator or supervisor (*)
- Brief description of the project and proposed work to be conducted at the Euro-BioImaging facility (*) – max 5000 characters
- Are there biological hazards associated with the project? (*) – max 2000 characters
- Has your project already undergone an external review, e.g. as part of a funding proposal or by a local committee at the Node? If yes, please provide details like funder, grant number, and outcome of the evaluation. (*) – max 5000 characters
- List of additional resources that may be required at the facility (select multiple if needed) (*) – dropdown menu
- Expertise level in using the selected technology(ies) (*) – dropdown menu
- Have you already communicated with the selected Node(s)? If yes, please include the name of the person you have been in contact with. (*) – max 1700 characters
- How did you learn about Euro-BioImaging? (select multiple if needed) (*) – dropdown menu
- Additional comments or remarks (*) – max 1700 characters
- If your proposal is for trans-national access, and you are either affiliated to an Italian institute, or requesting access to an Italian Node, you may be eligible for a grant to partially cover your costs (check eligibility criteria). Do you wish to apply for the grant? (*) - Yes/No
- If your proposal is related to research on Sars-Cov-2/Covid-19 or Monkeypox virus, do you wish to apply for funding from the ISIDORe project? Yes/No
- If yes: Please provide your ISIDORe project ID (ISID_XXXX).
(Please note that if you wish to apply for ISIDORe funding, you first need to submit a pre-application through ISIDORe webportal(please visit the Call of relevance and follow the instructions). After that, you will receive an e-mail with an ISIDORe project ID number (ISID_XXXX), which you need to provide here. More information here. Please note that your Euro-BioImaging proposal will be shared also with ISIDORe coordination.)
Questions below are for situations where the project has not undergone any previous evaluations or where you wish to receive scientific advice or apply for the Access Fund:
- Please provide a short CV – max 2000 characters
- Scientific background of the project. For Image Data Analysis services, include key aspects of image data (imaging modality, size, dimensions, etc.) – max 5000 characters
- Please describe the planned imaging experiments (for Image Data Analysis services, the analysis requirements) and how they address the scientific question – max 5000 characters
- Expected results – max 5000 characters
- Importance of the project for your overall research – max 5000 characters
- External reviewers you would like to exclude – max 1700 characters
- If your project involves any ethical issue (e.g. it involves the use of animals, samples of human origin, personal data, etc), please shortly describe how the planned experiments will comply with relevant guidelines and regulations, including information on the institutional and/or licensing committee which approved or will approve the experiments, and any other relevant details
- If you are applying for funding via ISIDORe, please provide an estimate of the costs you are incurring for the access (access fees, consumables, etc). If you have not been in contact with the Node or if you don’t know which Node would better fit your project, please contact us to get support for the cost estimation
- If you are applying for funding via ISIDORe, please also provide an estimate of the travel/lodging costs you expect to incur for visiting the Euro-BioImaging Node