Innovation in imaging technologies in life sciences is continuous, fast and exciting. To remain at the technological forefront, Euro-BioImaging has established a workflow to ensure that new technologies are continuously integrated by the community into our portfolio. Anyone can suggest new technologies to us at any time!
Suggest a new imaging technology
Whether you are a technology developer, provider or Euro-BioImaging user, use this simple form to inform us of a new imaging technology. The technology may be either completely new, or new to Euro-BioImaging.
After you have made a suggestion for a new technology, the workflow for its inclusion into the Euro-BioImaging portfolio is:
- The technology is Showcased by a person or group to demonstrate the user need, its relevance to the scientific community and user access feasibility. (Not all suggestions lead to Showcasing.)
- A Proof-of-Concept study is arranged to confirm that the new technology can be offered as an open access service via Euro-BioImaging.
- After a successful Proof-of-Concept, the technology is accepted into the Euro-BioImaging portfolio and becomes available to everyone.
Showcasing new imaging technologies
Any technology developer/provider/imaging facility at a public research institution/university in Europe which is offering a new technology to external users can do Showcasing - it is not limited to Euro-BioImaging Nodes. In fact, Showcasing can also be a stepping-stone for becoming a Euro-BioImaging Node. Euro-BioImaging does not coordinate Showcasing, but facilities are invited to inform us of ongoing Showcasing. Afterwards, a simple report needs to be sent to us, if the new technology is to proceed towards becoming a Euro-BioImaging technology.
- If you are about to start Showcasing, please tell us about it, so we can advertise your Showcasing.
- If you are a user and interested in a technology being Showcased, tell us about it. This will help us in making it a Euro-BioImaging technology.
- If you have completed Showcasing, please send us a simple report.
Currently ongoing/completed Showcases
- Correlated Optical Coherence Tomography / Photoacoustic Imaging
- Micro X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry
- Brillouin Light Scattering Microscopy
- Magnetoencephalography (MEG)
(Please see below for a list of technologies that have already moved from Showcasing to Proof-of-Concept studies.)
A new technology with user need and a functional access model demonstrated by the Showcasing process is included in the first available round of Proof-of-Concept studies. At this point, access to the technology is possible via Technologies on our Web Portal, just like for any other technology, but for a defined time period. Technologies undergoing Proof-of-Concept studies are marked with a star (*) in the technology listing. If the Proof-of-Concept studies are successful, the technology is then included into the Euro-BioImaging portfolio permanently.
- If you are a Node wishing to offer a technology for a proof-of-concept study, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently ongoing proof-of-concept studies
- Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering microscopy (CARS)
- Quantitative Phase Imaging (QPI)
- Mass spectrometry-based imaging (MSI) - Bio
- Structured Illumination Microscopy (SIM)
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
Multi-model molecular imaging & medical imaging:
- PhotoAcoustic Imaging (PAI)
- Mass spectrometry-based imaging (MSI) - Med